15+ things to photograph from now until New Years
When there's lists on a blog, I never read the paragraphs before it. I just scroll until I see the number one, so why should I spend time and energy making a compelling first paragraph...haha Like, why do blog posts that give a recipe make you read the backstory and see all the prep photos with a paragraph for each one before you can see the recipe and the step-by-step directions. I don't have time to scroll, the kids are starving and I need to know if I have the ingredients and energy to make this recipe before I result to cereal for dinner Scroll........scroll........scroll.........SCREENSHOT! So I don't have to scroll........scroll........scroll again.
Let's just get to it!
(And then if you want you can read the stuff after the list and see photo examples and such.)
- Visiting grandparents and extended families
- Sports practices and games
- A family walk or bike ride on a Sunday evening
- A snuggle sesh as a family on the master bed in the early morning
- Making s'mores around a fire
- Raking leaves and jumping in the piles (parents, you too)
- A special tradition you do as a family for one of the upcoming holidays
- Pumpkin picking (if you are in DFW, make sure you check out the Flower Mound patch)
- Trick or treating
- Shopping and prep for Thanksgiving dinner
- Christmas tree picking
- Christmas tree decorating
- Making goodies for the neighbors or stuffing Christmas cards
- Visiting Santa at the mall
- Going to see Christmas lights or a tree lighting
- Playing in the snow (if that's something you get)
- Your New Years celebration and resolutions
This time of year is full of little moments, traditions, and activities that fit perfectly into my Slice of Life package. The package is a 30 minute quick mini session where I tag along with your family while you make memories. I'm just there to watch and preserve them. This time of year is perfect for these little sessions. You don't need a full 4 hours with me, just a bit to capture this particular slice of your family's life, especially around the holidays.
Ask your children to help you make a personalized list for your family. Ask them what their favorite traditions are and their holiday season bucket list. It may surprise you what they think of.
I only have a few more spaces open for full family sessions in 2017, but always make time for Slice of Life sessions.